UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) provides major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National e-Governance Division to drive Mobile Governance in India. UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services. It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple Government services.
UMANG enables services on multiple channels like mobile application, web which can be accessed through smart phones, Kaios feature phones, tablets and desktops. UMANG has been created with a thought to add convenience to your lifestyle. UMANG will revolutionize the way an Indian citizen avails Government services, because it leverages the internet and smart phone penetration in our country.
The unique features of UMANG are:
- EASE OF ACCESS- Explore UMANG on multiple channels such as Smartphone, Desktop and Tablets. UMANG has a rich multimedia interface with a focus on maximizing usability and enriching user experience & supports 13 languages. All important services converging into one App with ~ 30 MB size (android)
- INTEGRATION WITH AADHAAR, PAYGOV, DIGILOCKER- UMANG provides seamless integration with popular customer centric services like Aadhaar and Digilocker and for payment services with MyGov.
- GOVERNMENT SERVICES ON YOUR FINGER TIPS- Now access various Government services through a single mobile app. UMANG provides a unified platform where multiple Government services (Central, State & Municpal) can be accessed by user. Single mobile App to access 20000+ services of various Government organisations in Centre and States
- DEDICATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT- UMANG has a dedicated Customer Support for user convenience from 10 am to 6 pm for all days of the week
Advantages for Government agencies including States:
- Easy facility for provisioning the services through Mobile without long drawn DPR/ bidding process
- Customized home page, facility of free API development and full control through self care portal
- No CAPEX or OPEX for Departments/ States
- Basic integrations viz. Aadhaar, DigiLocker, Payment gateway, SMS, Email Marketing and RAS (feedback) available.
- UMANG currently has more than 2.54+ Cr registered users.
Major services available Department wise across the country:
Current Snapshot (as on 4th January, 2021)
Download: UMANG App by giving us missed call on 97183 - 97183
Customer Support: Through in-App Chat, Toll Free Helpline 1800 - 11 - 5246
App stores: Android and iOS