UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is a common, unified platform, aggregating major government services (of Center, States, local bodies), including important utility services, to facilitate single point access through mobile app anytime, anywhere. Citizens need to download just one mobile application. It is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National e-Governance Division to drive Mobile Governance in India.
Vast numbers of government services are made available to citizens on click of a button & they have all converged to a single point for the citizen, making his/her life simpler. The illustration below depicts the convergence of all elements of a user’s needs in terms of services from government as well as engagement with the government.
UMANG is not only a single light weight app, it also helps the Users in discovery of relevant services and bookmark them for frequent use.
Major Services available on UMANG:
Some of the key value propositions of UMANG are summarized below:
- EASE OF ACCESS- Available on all major platforms of mobile (Android, iOS) and also on web (www.umang.gov.in). Select compatible (because of limited display size) services are also available on KaiOS. UMANG has a rich multimedia interface with a focus on maximizing usability and enriching user experience. All important services converging into one App.
- GOVERNMENT SERVICES ON YOUR FINGER TIPS- Access various Government services through a single mobile app. UMANG provides a unified platform where multiple Government services (Central, State/UT & Municipal) can be accessed by users. Single mobile App to access more than 1200 Government services and ~19700 Bill Payment services.
- INTEGRATION WITH DIGILOCKER, BBPS - UMANG provides seamless integration with popular customer centric services like Digilocker, MyGov, Bill Payment services (BBPS), Feedback Service (RAS) etc.
- Supports 13 languages – Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Assamese, Odiya, Bengali, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati &Marathi. Work is in progress to make UMANG available in 10 other regional languages.
- DEDICATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT- UMANG has a dedicated Customer Support for user convenience from 10 am to 6 pm for all days of the week.
For Government Departments:
- Easy facility for provisioning their services through Mobile without long drawn DPR/ bidding process
- Customized home page, facility of free API development and full control of their on-boarded services through self care portal
- No CAPEX or OPEX for Departments/ States
- Core Integrations with DigiLocker, Payment gateway, SMS, Email and RAS (feedback) available.
STATISTICS as on JULY 01, 2021
|1||Central & State Government Services||1251|
|2||Bill Payment Services||20280|
|4||Department Transactions||168 cr|
|5||User Registrations||3.33 cr|
Download: UMANG App by giving a missed call on 97183 97183
Customer Support: Toll Free Helpline 1800 - 11 - 5246 OR Email: customercare[at]umang[dot]gov[dot]in OR through in-app chat