Program Management Information System is a product, build using open source technologies which is being used to track and monitor project initiation, planning, execution and management. It can be utilized for Central/State/Integrated MMPs, Departmental and Adhoc projects under Digital India.
The Key features of PIMS are:
- Enables management of portfolio of various programs and projects
- Grouping of various projects into programs while identifying dependencies
- Enables better visibility of programs, by provisioning formation of charts encompassing various projects.
- Enables NeGD members, State Governments, Line Ministries and other agencies to upload their programs for Digital India online
Project Planning, Execution and Monitoring-
- Facilitates planning of DI programs and associated projects by formation of work breakdown structure via gnat chart, resource allocation, maintain relevant contact details and maintain project related documentation.
- Enables user and role management for various stakeholders, implementing agencies, field officers and nodal officers.
- Enables risk and issue management, tracking of action points discussed in meetings associated with programs / projects.
- Enables maintenance of event and meetings schedule /calendar.
- Allows sending and receipt of notifications via mail or sms.
Registration of last mile implementation locations-
- GIS enabled registration of event locations via application and mobile.
- Allows online submission of project completion details and its verification facility.
- The software can manage media i.e. photos and videos relating to work completion.
- Can interact with other application dashboards and receive relevant information from them.
- Dashboard for monitoring program components
- Dashboard for information display at various levels - Country wise, state wise, district wise, block wise, panchayat wise, implementation point wise, etc.
- A visual reporting system comprising of GIS, graphs and pie-charts with drill down capabilities is envisioned in order to make the information user-friendly and accessible.
- Reports on resource utilization by projects etc.
- The software reports can also be customized as per requirements of the other NeGD programs, which are provided time to time.
- Provision to obtain dynamically generated reports, and get standard bar / pie charts dynamically
- Provision to monitor schedule and budget variance across portfolio, programs and projects