National Centre of Geo-informatics is a single source Geographic Information System (GIS) platform for sharing, collaboration, location-based analytics and decision support system, catering to Central and State Ministries/Departments/Agencies across the country. Under this project location-based datasets such as data related to central government land banks, mining, forests, industrial parks, water resources etc. are collated with attribute related data to bring out insights that are useful to support decision making. User departments can now pinpoint its operations, assets on a map and plan better. NCoG has provided mobile applications for geo-tagging and creating evidence of completed operations under the Government schemes.
Key features of NCoG are:
- 1:5000 Basemap
- Open Source and in-house development – results in cost saving as there is no use of proprietary software
- Integration of technologies (web, mobile, GIS, GPS, image processing, mathematical models etc.)
- Compatibility to multi-purpose geodatasets
- Dynamic Query – Multiple customized reports and dashboards available
- Training – Two way capacity building
- Authentication – the representation of data on GIS platform is authenticated by the user/owner department/agency
NCoG has brought transparency and improved planning. This has been made possible by the breakthrough GIS solutions rolled out in the form of web portals and custom mobile applications empowered by space technology.
Benefits accrued with the use of NCoG platform:
- Good governance: Mining Surveillance System has helped curb illegal mining through automatic remote sensing detection.The district officials are notified and action taken by them is reported through mobile app.
- Monitoring: Mapping of all Central government land parcels including that of CPSEs and enable identification of land for specific purposes.
- Developmental Planning: Industrial Information System holds information of 3500 Industrial Parks, estates, clusters etc. Information ranges from Connectivity to rail, road, air and port. Availability of Raw Materials, urban infrastructure etc.
- GIS web portal for 115 districts implemented with various layers for infrastructure, agriculture, demographic details, education, health, energy, forest, industry, infrastructure, water resources, water supply, banks, skill development etc.Disaster Management: Ready to use 3D profiling of the country. Crucial for developing flood simulation systems.
Current Snapshot (as on 10th April, 2021)
|Total Projects||Projects implemented||Central Ministries/Departments/Agencies||States / UTs|