Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) is envisaged to make e-governance. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National e-Governance Division to drive Mobile Governance in India. UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services. UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
UMANG service has been made available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops. UMANG has been created with a thought to add convenience to your lifestyle. UMANG will revolutionize the way how an Indian citizen avails government services today, because it leverages the current accelerated internet and smartphone penetration in our country.
The unique features of UMANG are:
- EASE OF ACCESS- Explore UMANG on multiple channels such as Smartphone, Desktop and Tablets. UMANG has a rich multimedia interface with a focus on maximizing usability and enriching user experience. Supports 13 Indian languages and caters to on- demand scalability. All important services converging into one App with ~ 18 MB size (android)
- INTEGRATION WITH AADHAAR, PAYGOV, DIGILOCKER- UMANG provides seamless integration with popular customer centric services like Aadhaar and Digilocker. UMANG will soon be providing integration with various other services such as PayGo
- GOVERNMENT SERVICES ON YOUR FINGER TIPS- Now access various government services through a single mobile app. UMANG provides a unified platform where multiple government services (central, state & regional) can be accessed by user. Single mobile App to access 325+ services of various Government organisations in States and Centre
- DEDICATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT- UMANG has a dedicated Customer Support for user convenience from 8 am to 8 pm for all days of the week
Advantages for Government agencies including States:
- Easy facility for provisioning the services through Mobile without long drawn DPR/ bidding process
- Customized home page, facility of free API development and full control through self care portal
- No CAPEX or OPEX for Departments/ states
- Basic integrations viz. Aadhaar, DigiLocker, Payment gateway (s) and RAS (feedback) available
Major services available Department wise across the country:
Download: UMANG App by giving us missed call on 97183-97183
Customer Support: Through in-App Chat, Toll Free Helpline 1800-11-5246
App stores: Android/ iOS/ Windows