NeGD has been playing a pivotal role in supporting Ministry of Electronics & Information in the key roles/tasks associated with Programme Management of NeGP. While ongoing initiatives under NeGP have reached a certain stage of maturity, several new initiatives are on the anvil for bringing about further transformation. These include redefining and reprioritizing of the NeGP portfolio, integrated services, mandatory Govt. processes reengineering, comprehensive process reform, standardization, integration, automation and self service, infrastructure, platform and service on demand (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), leveraging cloud & mobile, setting up of an e-Governance Academy, putting in place HR Policies and structures for e-Governance, capacity building awareness creation and impact assessment index.
NeGD acts as one of the key catalysts and integrators for initiatives under Mission Mode Projects and support components under NeGP across the country. NeGD is also expected to proactively support Central Ministries/Departments/State Governments. NeGD will thus play a pivotal role in assisting Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology in discharging its key roles which includes:
- Supporting all MMPs and support components of NeGP
- Strengthening Capacity Building and Awareness Programs
- Facilitating and catalyzing e-Gov initiatives of Central Ministries/Departments/State Governments
- Continuous evolution of e-Governance Services
- Leveraging the latest Technologies to support MMPs and Non MMPs projects
- Conduct research in the area of e-Governance models and develop appropriate solutions useable in India
- Study of e-Governance initiatives from inside and outside the country; adopt the best practices
- Framing policies and implementation strategy in different areas of e-Governance including Reference architecture, Standard and Interoperability, National Information Infrastructure, Shared services, Cyber security, Process Reengineering, Joined up service delivery, etc.
- Development of Knowledge and Capacity Building Portals.
- Building Knowledge Management System for Resources, Training, Capacity Building, Project related best practices, e-Training, Performance Appraisal, etc.
- Support to e-Governance projects resources on real time basis.
- Strong Public – Private collaboration.
- Improve citizen awareness about e-Governance services.
- Citizen engagement with the government.
- Impact assessment and continuous evaluation.
- Other incidental and supporting roles.