Launch of Digital India has accentuated the need for adequate and relevant capacities at all levels. People who are expected to design and deliver projects under Digital India, need to be trained in relevant areas. In the light of Digital India Government of India is committed for realizing potential of Northeast and accelerating its progress.
The main objective of the e-Governance Capacity Building Programmes aims at:
- Facilitating deep understanding of factors that result in failure and sustained success of e-Governance Projects in North East States.,
- Developing e-Governance champions within Government at the state level to lead, support, manage and execute Mission Mode Projects under NeGP and other e-Governance Projects of respective State Governments.
- Developing trainers from this region by conducting Train the Trainer Programmes, who will in turn take up the responsibility of conducting training programmes to cover a larger group subsequently,.
Based on the learnings from the CB Phase-I Programmes, it is understood that National rollout programmes did not give much attention towards the specific capacity building requirements of North East States. There was limited participation from North East States and also many e-Government projects were under the initial phase of implementation. , this is one of the reasons to slow pace of implementation of NeGP in North East. It is highly imperative that the necessary capacities and skills are to be built among the Government Officials in these states as a special case according to their requirements. The Training components are:
- Advance Skill Enhancement Programmes
- Train the Trainer Programmes (TTT)
- Diploma/ Post Graduation Diploma in e-Governance Programme (DeG) for North East States
- Basic ICT Training
- Low Cost Connectivity
- System Integrator
- SME Policy