NeGD has been playing a pivotal role in supporting Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology not only for mandate of work assigned but has also added value to eGovernance projects/initiatives undertaken by Ministries / Departments both at Central/ State levels. The key activities under Project Development / Programme Management include:
- Strategic Planning
- Providing strategic direction to Digital India & e-Kranti (NeGP 2.0) including framing policies and implementation strategy in different domains of e-Governance.
- Development of complete range and improvement of existing model RFP/ EoI/ Contracts/ PPP models/ documents.
- Guidelines and policies for NeGP and eGov projects implementation.
- Standards – becoming part of the project- guidelines.
- Proactive handholding and support to Central and State Governments for MMPs and other e-Gov initiatives.
- Development of 'Go to Market' strategy for NeGD.
- Identification, perusal and delivery of advisory or any other eGovernance related services to different organization.
Support to Central Line Ministries:
NeGD takes a proactive approach of reaching out the Central Line Ministries/ Departments and extending support in implementation of their eGovernance projects. The list of activities proposed to be carried out in process of supporting and hand holding the Central Line Ministries are as under:
- Stakeholder Consultation
- Identifying and prioritizing areas of eGovernance services
- Preparing Action plan
- Strategy for implementation of e-Governance
- Engagement of Project Management Consultant(s)
- Support of DPR preparation, review & evaluation
- Review of EFC/CNE/SFC/DCN Note
- Review & Evaluation of RFP(s)
- Assessing Technical proposals as part of Technical Evaluation Committee
- Project Change Management
- Project Management Information Systems
NeGD resources are highly efficient in extending this support. The skill sets that they carry have been broadly classified as follows:
- Project Management Expert
- Technology Expert
- Financial & Legal Expert
- e-Governance Strategist
- Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
eGovernance Research & Development: There is a dedicated team to work in eGovernance Research & Development area and take up following activities:
- Research in areas of eGovernance models and develop appropriate solutions.
- Study e-Governance initiatives, generate comparative reports and leading practices in e-Governance reports.
- Develop BPR guidelines & model re-engineered processes for different e-Governance initiatives.
- Developing an adequate Project Monitoring Framework for NeGP MMPs and components and conceptualization and implementation of an effective Project Management Information System is considered critical for NeGP.
- Conducting research in the area of e-Governance models and developing appropriate solutions useable in India, study of eGovernance initiatives from across the country and world as well as compiling best practices in e-Governance sphere are areas which are proposed to be taken up in a proactive manner