Frequently Asked Questions
- What is NeGD?
National eGovernance Division (NeGD) is an Independent Business Division (IBD) created under the aegis of Media Lab Asia, a section 25 company under Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Telecommunication of Information and Technology (MoCIT). NeGD takes care of the Programme Management aspects of DeitY’s National eGovernance Plan (NeGP) and Digital India by undertaking various activities like strategic planning of core policies, and implementation of Capacity Building schemes for eGovernance. NeGD has a mix of people from government (on deputation) as well as from private sector.
- How are NeGD and DeitY related?
The Capacity Building Scheme under the National eGovernance Plan (NeGP) of Government of India envisioned establishment of an institutional framework for State-Level decision-making including setting-up of State e-Mission Teams (SeMTs) having relevant expertise and experience to provide technical and professional support to States and Union Territories.
For this purpose, the Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India, has created NeGD as an independent business division within Media Lab Asia, a section 25 company under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India, for taking up the tasks being carried out by the Programme Management Unit National eGovernance Plan (PMU-NeGP) at DeitY.
- What is NISG?
National Institute for Smart Governance (NISG) is a not-for-profit company setup in a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) in 2002; helping the Government of India & State Governments realise the national eGovernance vision. NISG advises the ministries of Government of India on issues of strategic importance such as architectures, standards, localization etc. Apart from playing a strategic advisory role, it also helps central and state governments to improve the delivery of government services, design IT systems to enhance internal efficiencies, and develop leadership capability and skill-sets within the Government. It also provides training to build capacity through institutional partnerships with government as well as private partners. For more information on NISG: www.nisg.org
- How are NeGD and NISG related?
NeGD has entered into a formal agreement with NISG for outsourcing of HR, recruitment and management of various personnel including hiring of professionals to meet specific requirements of concerned projects/schemes assigned to NeGD, including those of SeMT and NeGD personnel.
- What are the broad teams working at NeGD?
- Capacity Building Management Cell(CBMC) & Knowledge Management- Appraisal of Project Reports for their alignment with the Capacity Building Scheme, development and implementation of Change Management Framework/ Guidelines for NeGP, monitoring & review of implementation of CB Scheme in the country, management of the recruitment of personnel for NeGD including SeMTs and wet leasing of personnel from empanelled organizations for SeMT, design and management of HR processes and systems for NeGD employees.
- Strategy Planning - Development of generic EoI, RFP, Standard Contracts, PPP Models and other related documents for various stages and requirements of MMPs for use by states. Support empowered committee and other Apex bodies on eGovernance policy related matters and frame and issue guidelines and policies of NeGD.
- Awareness & Communication - Build capacities at State level for awareness creation and communication management, development of A&C strategies to be adopted for NeGP.
- Finance & Accounts - Preparation of Financial Statements for NeGD in line with the statutory requirement; Preparation of financial reports for eBharat scheme in line with World Bank guidelines, appraisal of project reports for their financial viability, management of bank accounts for handling various category of funds available to NeGD; disbursement of funds to different agencies, scrutiny and verification of all bills of expenses; Payroll management of NeGD employees.
- Technology - Support DeiY in developing standards and guidelines on various technological matters related to eGovernance including security and strategic control framework for the eGovernance initiatives. Appraisal of Project reports for their adherence to the technical standards and guidelines.
- Monitoring & Evaluation - Development of adequate Project Monitoring Framework for NeGP MMPs & Components and Conceptualization & Implementation of Project Management Information System (PMIS), development of the Impact Assessment Framework including qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluation and conduction of impact assessment, Collection of progress data on MMPs and other NeGP aspects from the implementing agencies.
- Project Appraisal - Coordinate with NeGD departments (Finance, CBMC, A&C) for appraisal of the relevant part of the reports and empanel external domain experts to assist in MMP domain area appraisal, collate the inputs from the NeGD departments & Domain experts and prepare the project appraisal report.
- Support to Deity for projects - Work on implementation and maintenance of State Data Centres, SWAN, CSC etc.
- PMUs- Work on implementation of SSDG, e-District, Cyber & Data Security
- What is the recruitment process followed?
The candidate can apply by uploading CV on the website as per the relevant opening/vacancies. The list of open positions can be viewed in the Current Openings section. After the screening process, generally three to four rounds of interview are conducted. The process may or may not involve a written test.
Only shortlisted candidates are called for interviews. No intimation is provided to the candidates who do not clear the screening round.
For requirements specific to the nature of work, EOI are also released by NeGD from time to time. The links of the same can be accessed through the website.
- What is the nature of work?
The candidate thus selected is required to join on a contract basis of 2 years. The same may be extended after the completion of contract, basis the performance of the candidate and feedback from the reporting manager and the reviewing officer/committee.
- What are the positions/ levels at which personnel are hired?
NeGD employs personnel at following 4 levels:
- Executive/ Sr. Executive/ Assistant Manager
- Sr. Consultant
- Principal Consultant
- What is the location of work?
NeGD is headquartered at New Delhi, Electronics Niketan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, Delhi. SeMT personnel shall be based out of one of the 35 States/ Union Territories depending upon the candidate’s preference and decision of NeGD management.
- Is the job transferrable?
The job is non transferrable in most cases. However, the SeMT personnel might be transferred from one State/ UT to another depending on the preference of the employee and the decision of the NeGD management.